Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The beginning of an adventure

Hi. I'm Kathleen. 


Last November, my husband and I sold our house in Beaverton, OR and joined the multitude of new and "used" Portlanders searching for a home in this wild housing market. According to CNN, Oregon has been the #1 state for newcomers for the last three years. In fact, my realtor recently shared that nearly 1,000 people move to this region every month! That's a lot of new Portlanders, and a lot of new Portland families. 

Around the same time, I was mulling over my crazy busy life as a wife, mom, and part-time writing teacher, and realized how little time I spend on two things I am most passionate about: writing and travelling. Don't get me wrong -- I am passionate about my little family. But, like many parents, the activities that quicken my heartbeat and add a lift to my step have been put aside as doctor appointments, play dates, gymnastics practice, and diaper changing have taken over. 

Then my "aha" moment occurred. What if I could carve out more time doing the things I love -- writing and adventuring with my family -- while providing information to Portland residents who would like to learn about places to explore with their little (or not-so little) ones?  

And voila! An idea was born. 

Because my kids are 2 and 7, much of this site will be related to day trip destinations for parents with small and school-age kids. But I hope it will also provide helpful information for parents of older children, as well. 

It's nice meeting you. Let's go places!





3 comments:

  1. This is great, Kathleen. Would be interested in features around Corvallis, if you're so inclined ;) Then we could meet up for a play date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear anybody who's somebody is in Corvallis. A play date in your neck of the woods is definitely a possibility! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear anybody who's somebody is in Corvallis. A play date in your neck of the woods is definitely a possibility! :)

    ReplyDelete